What is EdgeFarm?
Simply from your desk!
With EdgeFarm.devices you always keep your devices up to date and thus ensure a high level of IT security and the latest functionality. EdgeFarm.application offers the convenient option of rolling out applications to the edge or to the cloud simply from the desk. With EdgeFarm.data, you have full control which of your data is transmitted to which endpoint via which routes.
Choose the EdgeFarm component you need and fill the gaps in your existing solution. All components are available both as hosted service and on premise.
Remote Device Management
As a result, it is often impossible to record the status of the devices or perform updates without being present in the vehicle.
In addition legislation for IT security requires quick responses for closing security gaps in the field. This will drive the need for updates much more than functional updates or troubleshooting. To ensure this, today’s systems must be able to be monitored, managed and updated remotely – that’s EdgeFarm.devices.
Enables convenient remote management of your devices in the field
- Device monitoring incl. performance metrics
- Hardware and software inventory information
- Over-the-air software updates for operating system and firmware
- Convenient rollout strategies for updates
- Detailed diagnostic options via remote access
- Software LifeCycle Management Service
Adaptable also for third-party devices
Typically, data correlation across many vehicles takes place in the cloud, yet intelligent processing at the edge of the network can be useful. EdgeFarm enables the dynamic distribution of applications and additionally creates transparency about their state.
The rollout of the applications is independent of device updates.
Orchestrating multiple container applications for edge & cloud
- Orchestration of containerized applications for edge and cloud
- Multiple applications per edge computer
- OCI Docker Container Technology
- Application monitoring including performance metrics
- Communication network for exchange between application modules
- Abstraction of hardware interfaces through APIs
- Over-the-air updates incl. convenient rollout strategies
- Remote access to application containers and logs
Full Control of User Data
The task of EdgeFarm.data is to transfer this useful data to the land side without loss, cryptographically secured and in high quality, and to make it available to the right consumer.
Secure, zero-loss provision of user data
- Secure, efficient and zero-loss user data transfer to the customer system
- Data upload based on conditionable rules
- Filtering, transforming, buffering and routing of data
- Secure access to your data on configurable endpoints
- Export interface offers open and modern APIs
- Data monitoring and alerting regarding completeness and plausibility
EdgeFarm.monitor makes it possible to determine the current system status across all EdgeFarm components and to notify the responsible person immediately in the event of corresponding failures.
To ensure reliable operation of the system.
Full transparency at any time
- Consistent view of the overall system
- System status of field devices
- Device position
- Dynamic device metrics such as system utilization, temperatures
- Monitoring of data streams
- State of your applications in edge and cloud incl. resource consumption
- Memory consumption on system and data endpoint
- Configuration of alarms for fast response to anomalies
- Extensible with custom metrics
EdgeFarm.network acts as a unified communication network across all components.
Communication without limits
- Communication between application parts
- Edge and Edge
- Edge and Cloud
- Edge/Cloud and data export
- Communication between devices
- Edge and Edge
- Edge and data export
- Buffered or unbuffered
- Pub/Sub Pattern or Request/Reply
State of the art technologies
...without reinventing the wheel
We rely on established open source technologies. This ensures not only high quality but also independence.
- yocto Project
Fine granular role and access management
This creates unimagined opportunities between customers and partners. Our customer gets full access to all systems and data and at the same time can define which subsets are also opened for partners.
- Secure device registration (incl. callback function)
- Signatures for all components
- Authentication via modern technologies
- Customer separation down to the hardware
- Role-based access control for all functions
- Security scans for various areas
- Provision of regular firmware updates
- Encryption of all APIs
Your hardware in EdgeFarm
Integration of third-party hardware
We are happy to take over the integration and maintenance as a service or we support you with your Yocto or Debian based devices.
Simple - Automatic
Our focus in operating EdgeFarm is on integration into automated environments.
Every EdgeFarm functionality is made available to the user via APIs and can thus be integrated into any environment.
Of course, dashboards can also be configured for visualization.
For the highest possible quality
We at Ci4Rail rely on Open Source for best possible quality and constant customer feedback.
All EdgeFarm components are published under Open Source license (AGPL V3 / Apache 2.0) as well as under Commercial license.
This gives you the freedom to choose the license model that suits you best and avoids vendor lock-in. You decide for yourself.
Independent of the industry
One solution for many problems
The technology stack of EdgeFarm is kept generic and thus allows the adaptation to other industries and use cases.
The problems are the same everywhere - EdgeFarm is the solution!
Focus on your application
You describe the target state of your system declaratively in manifest files.
EdgeFarm takes care of everything else. It establishes this target state automatically, monitors the components and reacts automatically in case of errors.
You concentrate on your use case and not on the operation of the system.
EdgeFarm is cloud agnostic! This means that you can run our services on the cloud platform of your choice.
We offer the management or enable you to operate the solution yourself. We support public, private (on-premise) as well as hybrid cloud scenarios suitable for your use case.